An opportunity has arisen for an 11kV Planner within Network Services based at the Bristol depot.
In this role you will be accountable to the Team Manager for the preparation of capital projects and off- site co-ordination.
*Appointment may initially be on a lower salary of £42,054 depending on experience.
If you are offered a position, you will be required to complete and provide a satisfactory basic DBS check that shows any unspent convictions or conditional cautions.
Please note we recommend you use Google Chrome to complete your application. This will provide a smoother candidate journey.
The power behind a network that nearly 8 million people rely on every day, the Western Power team works collectively and collaboratively to serve our communities. Not only are we the largest electricity distribution network operator in the UK, we also strive to be the best. So every one of our 6,500 people works with passion and purpose, energy and ambition, whatever their role in maintaining, repairing and upgrading the electricity network.
If this is your opportunity to join us, you’ll find we offer a supportive, rewarding and friendly working environment where you’ll be empowered to build a career. Along the way, you’ll be invested in, be enabled by the latest technology and find that we’re always interested in evolving our systems and processes so that we get even better, every day.
In return, you’ll enjoy a package of benefits designed to reward your hard work and incentivise your ambition. Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, company pension scheme, protective clothing where required, an Employee Assistance Programme and a managed back care programme.
Western Power Distribution is an equal opportunities employer, a Disability level 1 Employer and a corporate signatory of WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) programme. Our desire is to bring in more employees from diverse backgrounds to build further on our inclusive culture. We value and celebrate individual difference and we believe that an inclusive culture will help the business grow as a positive, strong and innovative company.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should sufficient numbers of suitable applications be received. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible
The main activities within this role will include: –
- Connection design to include feasibility studies, budget quotes or firm quotations for new loads including embedded generation and for new connections with significant disturbing loads or non-linear characteristics.
- Progressing of necessary consents for accepted quotations, preparation of technical reports, capital sanctions, connection offers, plant & meter orders and connection & responsibility agreements and the updating of CROWN routing and tracking.
- Design of 11kV network reinforcement/replacement and automation schemes including load flow and fault level analysis.
- Technical Support and coordination with Network Services planners in the Bristol area.
- Coordination with Primary Design on 33kV schemes.
- Annual collation of anticipated future load connection data to support preparation of Long Term Development Statements & Load Forecasts by Primary System Design
- On-site Power Quality measurements to establish background harmonic or flicker values.
The Ideal Candidate
You should have an analytical mind, with a methodical approach to problem solving, the ability to present information in a clear and reasoned way and be able to confidently deal with customers including Architects, Developers and Businesses.
Experience of network modeling and analysis and the use of Crown, Des/Emu, Windebut, HV Genie and other design tools as required would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be required to hold a Level 3 City & Guilds 2339 and if not already attained will be required to undertake HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
You will need to be mobile throughout the area and a flexible attitude is essential as you may be asked to undertake other duties to assist the team in meeting it’s objectives. The opportunity may arise to undertake standby duties and operational authorisations and experience would be of benefit.
Applicants may not currently possess the full range of skills required to carry out the role but should have the confidence and ability to reach the necessary standards with training.
Interviews are scheduled for 22 September 2021 in the Bristol office.