INTERVENTIONS ALLIANCE is the Justice and Social Care division of Seetec, delivering tailored support to participants across a range of contracts, including as CFO Activity Hubs, Education, Training and Employment (ETE), Accommodation and Approved Premises. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to build a better future, regardless their past choices or the challenges they face.
We are committed to combining our knowledge, skills and talents across the justice and social care sectors to deliver services and interventions that overcome the barriers that hold people back from living more fulfilled lives.
Using an evidence-led approach, we collaborate with like like-minded organisations to address challenges and long-term issues that have previously prevented the individual’s progress.
We give equal importance to delivering services focussed on prevention as those aiding rehabilitation, providing our participants with the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Our approach is unique within the sector, using our research base and experience to design and innovate new interventions that address areas of critical need. We don’t sit back and accept that standardised, traditional approaches are always the best solution; nor do we wait to react to a new area of demand. By working proactively, we aim to transform provision across the justice and social care sectors.
Ultimately, our aim is to equip individuals with the necessary skills needed to desist from offending, successfully reintegrate into to their local communities and address barriers to work.
We are recruiting an Accommodation Support Officer to be part of the Dynamic Framework Accommodation Service to ensure delivery of effective interventions and stakeholder liaison in custody and in the community in order to support male participants throughout the region to address their housing needs and reduce their likelihood of reoffending.
This role will help reduce the incidence of re-offending through the use of referral pathways to interventions using an engaged, collaborative and motivational style and a focus on community re-integration and the principles of Desistance.
Our successful candidate will have highly effective interpersonal and communication skills and have experience of working with a variety of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties. You will have experience of supporting resettlement activity within homelessness services and knowledge and experience of the work of the Criminal Justice System and of Homelessness Legislation.
* Work in close partnership with probation practitioners in order to understand and respond to the specific and diverse housing needs of the participants.
* Engage with actual and potential referral agencies, authorities and organisations to facilitate relevant referrals to programmes / activities / services as required.
* Carry out timely initial face to face housing assessments taking account of risk situation and need in order to facilitate any appropriate actions and outcomes
* Construct an effective accommodation plan based on an initial assessment of the participants needs and abilities.
* Maintain contact with participants in accordance with the requirements of the service.
* Actively and collaboratively engage with participants in decisions that affect them, informing them of their procedural and representational rights.
* Identify and maintain focus on achievement of the desired outcomes for participants from the service being delivered.
* Develop effective stakeholder relationships with appropriate external groups, agencies and authorities in order to support participants housing needs and support requirements.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of group work
* Experience of working with a variety of people who have experienced a range of social/personal difficulties.
* Knowledge and experience of the work of the Criminal Justice System.
* Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to input and retrieve electronic data and maintain computer-based information systems in an accurate and timely manner.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work respectfully, cooperatively and flexibly with others both on a 1:1 basis and as part of a team.
* Ability to plan and conduct structured meetings with individuals or groups.
* Ability to contribute to the assessment and management of risk.
* Confident with the ability to exercise authority and reinforce boundaries in an appropriate manner.
* Good organisational and administration skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
* Ability to motivate others and facilitate learning in order to change attitudes and behaviour.
* Ability to work independently
* Experience of delivering support services to complex and vulnerable groups
* Ability to achieve individual performance goals and/or contribute towards team and organisational targets.
Salary: Up to £24,801 per annum (dependent on experience)
Location: Remote working – covering cases across Gloucestershire and the surrounding areas, including HMP Bristol & HMP Leyhill (mileage covered for any travel)
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 1st February 2022
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Scheme, access to a wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid 19 all interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams.
Seetec – Interventions Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec – Interventions Alliance support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec – Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity