Advice & Guidance Adviser
College: This is a Cross-College role that is predominantly based at East Surrey College(Redhill) but with occasional travel to John Ruskin College (Croydon)
Salary: £28,000-£30,000 per annum (Subject to qualifications, skills and experience)
Hours: Full-time (37 hours/week)
In this exciting role, you will need experience of working in an educational setting providing Careers IAG, have employability skills and the ability to inspire, motivate and relate to young people.
Main responsibilities of this role include:
* Providing outstanding careers guidance, counselling and information to learners in line with the College’s formal entitlement for students
* Organisation of the college’s careers resource area in working in partnership with the LRC, tutorial provision and Employer Services team
* Researching and providing up to date reports that promotes local and national career opportunities and local market information and to keep learners and tutors informed of new developments and trends
* To provide a drop in service and appointment service for learners
* Train staff on HE applications, UCAS, employability skills and up to date careers IAG
The successful candidate must have:
* Diploma in Careers Guidance or relevant specialist careers qualification at Level 4
* Up to date and authoritative knowledge of careers guidance work and developments in education / FE / HE employment and careers matters
* Experience and knowledge of offering and delivering careers IAG to KS4 up to level 4 learners as well as standard 16-18, apprenticeships and adult employability programmes on an individual basis or group basis
* Be committed in delivering high quality, independent and client focused career advice in one to one guidance sessions and other activities.
* Demonstrate excellent communications and interpersonal skills, strong planning and organisational abilities and great attention to detail
If this advert sounds like you and you would enjoy working in a forward thinking, friendly, fast paced, changing environment with state of the art facilities, we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer a competitive salary, as well as staff benefits such a choice of two excellent pension schemes, life assurance, free onsite parking and access to our fully equipped gym along with discounted in house Spa and Salon treatments.
*Applications will however be shortlisted on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to interview and appoint before this closing date. We therefore encourage you to apply at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment. As much as we would love to respond to all applicants, due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for the position.
Orbital South Colleges Group are committed to Equal Opportunities, encouraging applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are also committed to PREVENT and Safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Both College Campus’ are smoke-free zones.
As part of our pre-employment checks, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS, references will be taken and evidence of all qualifications and awards will also be required before commencement of employment. Failure to do so may lead to offers being withdrawn.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK as we do not sponsor work permits, and work permits from other organisations are unacceptable as proof of right to work in the UK