This temporary position is available from the 29th July until 6th September.
An experienced Barista is required for a staff canteen during the summer term for 6.75 hours a day, from 09:00 – 16:15, Monday to Friday, a total of 33.75 hours a week.
If you are passionate about making Starbucks drinks and preparing snacks and lunches for 50+ people, then this will be the right summer job for you!
Training will be provided on use of the Starbucks coffee machine as well as the use of other equipment in order to prepare hot meals at lunch time.
It is essential you have experience working in a similar role, and would also be an advantage if you have previous experience working in Starbucks.
* Preparing/serving drinks and meals for staff and visitors
* Ordering food supplies and putting items away upon delivery (usually on a Monday morning)
* Taking card and cash transactions, and cashing up at the end of each shift
* Maintaining a clean canteen, washing up and ensuring surfaces are sanitised
* Emptying rubbish bins
* Ensuring a safe working environment for staff and guests
* Advertising specials on notice board
You should be punctual, friendly and have excellent communication skills.
This can be a demanding stand alone role, and therefore requires an energetic individual that can multi task.
If you have experience as a Barista in Starbucks please include this information within your covering letter.
You will be entitled to a 30 minute unpaid break each day. Total weekly hours for this position are 33.75 (6 hours and 45 minutes each shift).
Please be aware that this canteen is based within a secure warehouse building in Waltham Abbey, and therefore personal belongings including mobile phones are prohibited from this area, and must be kept in the locker room