Global Technology management consultancy whose Utilities & Energy (capital intensive industries) Sector has doubled in the UK over the last 18 months are looking for top talent from the Utility, Energy & Capital Infrastructure industries as they seek further growth in the sector and to meet the increased demand from their clients.
Interested in becoming a Business Consultant?
Are you a Business Analyst and work directly for a utility Authority, energy company, DNO, infrastructure client, Nuclear Client etc or have worked for an engineering consultancy that have worked with these clients and been involved in the any of the following – shaped digitalization and data strategies, Technology & or sector transformation, are working on the journey to net zero, changes to the uk energy industries, Information management, Digital Asset Management (EAM), Asset/Project Lifecycle Management, Digital Twins, BIM and are in interested in becoming a business consultant….
Are you an analytic problem solver with excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate and influence others? Are you able to quicky build report and become a trusted advisor, Coupled with intelligence, confidence and ambition then please read on.
The focus of your role – Business Analyst
The need to work with organisation to help them improve their processes and systems have never been more important as Utility, Engineering, Capital Infrastructure Clients grapple with big complex issues such as the journey to net zero, the increased demand for a greener, more reliable, secured, and cost-effective energy system, operational digitalisation, meeting the demands of regulators and indeed their customers.
In this role you will work within a team of consultants helping to deliver and solve these big issues, coming up with solutions to business problems and help to introduce these systems & new processes. You will drive the processes to create new solutions for their clients using leading techniques, combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset. Work with their clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges.
Who will you be working for:
Global Technology Management Consultancy who are experts within digital innovation, consulting and transformation, who help CxO’s envision and build what’s next for their organisations. The group is located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world and have a 7000+ strong team who pride themselves on developing new digital solutions and business models of the future by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights.
What you’ll DO
You will help their clients design and develop solutions which digitise and optimise processes across the value chain, delivering sustainable, agile and digitally driven transformational solutions. You will form part of an experienced and flexible project delivery team, helping clients to realise benefits and transform processes, operations and behaviours which will lead to improved efficiency, improved customer experience and improved business outcomes. Key activities include:
* Work in a mixture of waterfall and Agile engagements across several markets and sectors
* Work as part of a team to understand and document project scope and objectives, facilitate workshops to define and prioritise requirements, agree outcomes and programme risks
* Document business requirements and help develop the business cases to support the proposed solution options
* Create As-Is and To-Be process maps and assess people, process, technology and customer impacts
* Create and support the development of workstream or project plans
* Lead and support workstream through to implementation
* Further advance your business analyst/consulting skills including client stakeholder relationship development
* Contribute the development of Capgemini’s business analysis capabilities bringing industry best practices and prior experience
What will you bring:
You will have an analytical mind and are able to clearly communicate with all levels in an organisation. You’ll have a passion for working collaboratively with our clients to drive efficiency and a culture of continuous improvement. In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
* Previous experience in a Business Analyst role
* Experience of supporting the development and delivering solutions (in Utilities, Energy, Capital Infrastructure – either direct or consulting to)
* Working with business owners to capture and gain agreements on the business goals and objectives driving the need for the project, programme or workstream.
* Creating a pipeline of opportunities to help the organisation identify and realise tangible benefits.
* Planning the analysis approach for a project, programme or workstream. Identifies the deliverables needed and provides resource and milestone estimates.
* Understanding/some experience in the application of relevant tools and techniques: process mapping, Agile, Scrum, Lean techniques, business architecture, organisation design, organisation sizing, governance, role design, requirements management etc.
* Experience of using collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence is beneficial
* Analysing and presenting complex processes and data in a logical, structured and compelling manner
* Experience of project management methodologies – Prince, PMP, Agile or other waterfall and non-traditional systems
* Shares and encourages the share of expert knowledge with others.
* Experience in development and implementation of operating models and/or process redesign projects
* Experience and best practices in the application of relevant tools and techniques in process optimisation
* Capable of building and developing client relationships to ensure client satisfaction and identify opportunities for further engagements
* Understanding of Process Excellence techniques and Automation would also be advantageous
You will start as a Senior Consultant and will be provided an individual training programme to ensure you have the skills required from the consultant tool kit and exposed to the required experience which will enable you to develop and progress through the organisation.
To give you an idea of the next steps on the career ladder Career ladder / Progression:
* Senior Consultant £50 – 70,000 Bonus (£4 – £8000
* Managing Consultant (Salary £72 – 96k + Bonus £7-15K)
* Consultant where salaries range £96 – 140k (Bonus up to £25k) and that is even before we reach executive level.
Flexibility and Working Away
Whilst you will have London or another regional city as an office base location (typically 1 day each fortnight), you must be flexible in terms of assignment location within UK, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice – however the days of working 4 / 5 days a week at a client office are largely gone due to the pandemic and management consultancies are adopting a hybrid model where work will be done at home, office and client’s office
All expenses will be covered whilst away and you will be given a company credit card