Business Development Manager
Location: Flexible, able to travel to Manchester or London office as and when required
Salary: £50k-£60k + Generous Benefits + Flexibility to work from home
Our client is a successful and growing specialist property finance lender that operates in the niche short-term finance market. With solid institutional funding and an appetite to grow their existing loan book they are looking to hire an experienced Business Development Manager to help them promote their brand and product in the Specialist Property Finance market and help them reach their next growth milestone.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic business with a wealth of experience in property lending and completing on transactions for specialist real estate developments and investments in the UK. With exciting plans to increase their presence in the Real Estate Finance market, this is an exciting time to join the business.
- Exceptional client relationship management to nurture and develop the existing relationships that the bank has with intermediaries.
- Origination and sales experience to support the addition of new relationships.
- Good network of connections and relationships to leverage business.
- A demonstrable track record of success in the property lending industry with the creation of a strong and solid distribution network.
- Be a ‘best in class resource’ to enhance their client experience.
- Responsible for rigorously applying the credit policy framework to the assessment of new business proposals.
- Motivated and driven to support the ambitious growth plans of this successful company in the coming months and years.
- Develop and maintain your key business introducer network and direct client base through outstanding relationship management.
- Through effective and targeted networking, enhance and solidify the brand both internally and externally in the market.
- Provide outstanding levels of service to clients and key business introducers as evidenced through positive feedback and repeat business.
- Ensure all new business is managed to the point of closure effectively and efficiently to increase net new revenue for the team.
- Consider and assess all new business enquiries received from your network.
- Thoroughly and robustly apply the credit risk framework to the assessment of new business proposals.
- Present considered proposals to the MD, Head of Sales and Underwriting Team with accuracy and a sound appreciation of the key risks of the proposal.
- Attend meetings at the Manchester and or London office, including team meetings, and presenting cases you have recommended to the Credit Committee.
- Work with the marketing team to ensure all marketing literature is kept up to date, and marketing articles/blogs are released to the market on an ad hoc basis.
- From time to time present to the credit committee regarding product changes/new products.
- Responsible for managing risks inherent to the role by diligently observing internal policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a BDM or Origination role within the specialist property finance industry, including Bridging and or Development Finance.
- Good knowledge of analysing, reviewing and structuring, deals and being able to work effectively with the lending team.
- Strong communication skills and confident in presenting and explaining cases to credit committee.
- Adaptable & flexible with Client-focused approach.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team with a “can do” attitude.
- Any experience of working within risk and regulatory frameworks within a Bank will be an advantage.
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Salary £50k-£60k.
- Flexibility to work from home.
- 25 days holiday.
- Private medical.
- Pension, 5% contribution.
- Discretionary bonus.