Pertemps Swindon are currently recruiting for an experienced Buyer to join our client based in Chippenham.
- £15 – £19 per hour PAYE, depending on experience
- 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Free parking on site or walking distance from Chippenham train station
- Subsidised canteen
The successful experienced Buyer will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of lean supply techniques throughout the supply chain
- Active and significant participation in multi-disciplined teams for the introduction of new products into manufacturing.
- Supplier selection and negotiation to ensure on time supply of components for the manufacturing area, against cost down targets.
- Rationalise the supply base and manage supplier relationships to ensure code of conduct and contract compliance and achieve strengthened purchasing relationships with suppliers.
As an experienced Buyer you should be able to evidence the following skills:
- 2 years experience in a procurement role, preferably for a high mix low volume manufacturing business.
- Expert user of an ERP system, (ideally SAP), and Microsoft excel.
- Ability to negotiate and influence to build supplier partnerships
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of electronics obsolescence management
- Knowledge of sales, design and engineering processes
If you would like to speak to us about this Buyer position, please click apply or contact Charley Hassett in our Swindon branch