SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
Role: Chemist Inspector
Salary: £22,000 – £28,000
Hours: Average 48 hours per week
As a Chemist Inspector, you will perform sampling and analysis safely, on time and to recognised international methods and local documented procedures. You will deliver consistently high standards of analytical performance whilst ensuring the laboratory meets all quality system requirements.
* All testing work and reporting to be carried out as instructed by Supervisor/Manager in a timely manner and in line with the requirements of the laboratory standard ISO 17025 to ensure the retention of accreditation.
* Maintain organised and auditable systems of work to permit traceability and ensure compliance with UKAS accreditation.
* Delivery of agreed analysis to timescales and cost to enable fulfilment of contractual KPI’s and maximise profitability.
* Ensure Laboratory Management Systems (Cclas) is fully operational and utilised to ensure compliance with all test procedures, methods and quality systems delivery of traceable and accurate results.
* Resolution of client enquiries in a timely and effective manner to ensure consistency of service delivery and agreed contractual obligations.
* Provision of reports to Laboratory Supervisor to assist in service, standards and deliver
We require our Inspectors to have the following skills, experience and knowledge:
* Experience of Oil Gas and Chemicals industry related analysis encompassing a broad spectrum of methods and analysis including all routine standard testing performed.
* Previous experience of working in a testing laboratory, meeting exacting process and client demands.
* Maths and English GCSE or equivalent, grades (A to C) as a minimum.
* HNC / GCSE or equivalent in Chemistry or similar scientific discipline
* Full UK driving Licence or equivalent
* Must be computer literate in use of word, excel and LIMS (Cclas) systems.
* Must have and maintain knowledge of chemistry, international analytical standards, operational procedures analytical equipment and methods such as IP, ASTM