About the role
Balfour Beatty has an opportunity for a Cleaner to join our Living Places business unit to work in various locations in the Hereford HR2 area.
To provide a professional and customer friendly service to Herefordshire Council tenants and their service users.
What you’ll be doing
As a Cleaning Operative, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Sweeping, Vacuuming;
* Desk cleaning, emptying and waste bins;
* Kitchen cleaning;
* Toilet/ sink cleaning, floor mopping;
* Undertaking ad-hoc deep cleans where required;
* Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, proper storage and disposal methods;
* Notify building management of any repairs required.
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following experience:
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team;
* Excellent organisational skills;
* Self-motivation and the ability to identify and complete needed tasks without direct supervision;
* Knowledge of H&S safety requirements;
* Previous experience of cleaning work.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists