This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic community fundraiser to join our passionate team. In this role you will develop our community fundraising volunteers and supporters to raise money and support whilst being a proactive member of the team
- Encourage support and fundraising income by engaging with and inspiring community groups, to participate in national fundraising activities or run their own fundraising events.
- Support and cultivate existing and new volunteers, individual supporters, partnerships and events to help maximise their fundraising.
- Plan, co-ordinate and deliver events and community fundraising across the UK to increase the company’s reach and income.
- Attend networking events, give talks and presentations to train/recruit volunteers.
- Establish and manage new local volunteer groups.
- Be confident in, and champion the use of, Customer Relationship Management databases to maintain accurate records and for reporting.
- Previous experience in a role with demonstrable record of fundraising through identifying, establishing and retaining effective volunteers, supporters and fundraising groups
- Well-developed literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: especially public speaking, presenting, negotiation and conflict resolution skills & confident telephone manner
- Ability to monitor budgets and keep accurate financial records
- Able to cope with the demands of a varied workload and prioritise tasks
- Effective member of a team who is able to work on own initiative
- Frequent UK-wide travel is required – a full UK drivers license is essential
- Based in Leatherhead (hybrid wfh considered)
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm plus weekends and overnight stays (time in lieu given)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increases with service)
- Pension scheme
- Death in service
Optima Recruitment specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment, including; Administration, Secretarial & PA, Accounts & Finance, Graduate Opportunities, Human Resources, Recruitment Consultancy, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Legal.