Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require experienced Investigation Officers to cover an existing workload within a law enforcement agency, based in Hutton, Lancashire.
This is an interim position initially for 3 – 6 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
You’ll manage and participate in assessment of video submissions via members of the public predominantly dealing with allegations of road traffic incidents. To ensure that any evidence obtained is recorded, secured and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner. To prepare prosecution files to a high standard to enable Court Presentation Officers and the Crown Prosecution Service to present evidence in a professional manner to secure convictions for matters proceeding to court. To interview suspects and provide support and assistance to other investigations as required by supervision.
- PIP level 1 trained and accredited or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in Road Policing legislation and submission of prosecution files relating to Road Traffic Offences.
- Experience of maintaining & interrogating computerised systems and manual filing systems.
- Experience of using police databases to research and record information.
- Experience of working in partnership with other departments and agencies
- Experience of investigating crime.
- Experience of gathering critical evidence by interviewing victims, significant witnesses and suspects.
- Experience and knowledge of the Criminal Justice System relating to the PACE Act, including searching premises, handling exhibits, interviewing suspects, and CPIA 1996, relating to disclosure
This role offers a salary of £10.73 – £13.48 per hour PAYE (Umbrella rate available) and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Please apply now and join us in loving Mondays
All roles are subject to strict police vetting and right to work checks
18% of the business is owned by the Reed Foundation, which supports good causes around the world. Set up by Sir Alec Reed in 1985, it’s the driving force behind all of REED’s philanthropic activities.
The Foundation provides funding for a number of charities, channelled via the Big Give, the online donation platform that allows donors to discover and donate to projects of interest.