Location: Easter Park, Silchester, Reading, RG7
Contract: Part time, Permanent
CTS is a logistics specialist moving Dangerous, Delicate, Difficult goods by road, sea and air for government, healthcare, defense and civil nuclear clients. We are globally recognised in the delivery of hazardous goods, sensitive shipments and high value items.
We are currently recruiting for a Delivery Coordinator to join our team.
We are an equal opportunities employer and our aim is to hire great people from all walks of life – if you share our values of Excellence, Adaptability, Strategic Focus and Integrity, please come and join us.
About the role
To receive, process and coordinate all compliant, scheduled deliveries to Client Sites A & B in accordance with CTS procedures, Client service requirements including strict security protocols, and whilst ensuring at all times that Code of Construction/safe system of work practices are adhered to.
• Receive and efficiently process all scheduled deliveries at A and B sites in accordance with CTS delivery coordination processes.
• Follow agreed CTS process for professional handling of non-compliant deliveries to both sites to include appropriate communication & escalation to stakeholders.
• Coordinate deliveries to A/B sites and OSSC as required.
• Manage safety escort provision with the use of Radio contact.
• Manage the arrangements for the collection of urgent delivery items from OSSC (having received emergency scanning provision at the OSSC) for onward delivery direct to end user.
• Comply with CTS/Client Health & Safety regarding the traffic management of all vehicles arriving & departing the Delivery Coordination Areas.
• Ensure all vehicles entering Sites A and B are compliant, safe, secure and clean (oil leaks, certification regarding on board cranes (Hiabs) or other lifting equipment etc.)
• Ensure effective daily interface with CTS Management, Client Logistics, Facilities Management, Project Teams and other Key Stakeholders are maintained.
• Check work environment for safety ensuring safe working practices are followed and that correct PPE is worn at all times by operatives, visitors and delivery drivers within the inspection areas.
• Marshall all vehicles in search bays in conjunction with security teams.
• Activate air avoidance lighting when helicopter landing or taking off.
• Facilitate solutions to delivery disputes in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
• Maintain Client and CTS brand and reputation at all times.
• Ensure the correct CTS uniform is worn at all times.
• Provide resilience for Delivery Scheduling Planner as required.
• Provide occasional cover in OSSC (Off Site Scanning Centre) with scanning and storage.
• Undertake escorting duties as required.
• Adhere to all CTS & client health and safety policies/procedures and assist in maintaining safe and clean working environment
• Adhere to all CTS & client security protocols, policies and procedures
• Adhere to all CTS & client quality standards, policies and procedures
• At all times actively support the Company & client values, aims, objectives, policies and procedures and maintain brand reputation.
• Undertake any other duties as may be required by Senior Management commensurate with the responsibilities of the job or the requirements of the business
• General office admin; own filing etc.
Please note: This is not an exhaustive live of duties, a full job description can be provided upon request.
What we need from you
• Proven track record in delivery coordination/traffic marshalling within construction/ logistics (and ideally security) environment an advantage (but not essential)
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to engage with and influence individuals at all levels particularly in promoting safe systems of work and compliancy within strict security parameters
• Excellent customer service ethos and professionalism
• Excellent administrative and IT skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Clean manual driving license (3.5T, max 3 points, no DD/DR/TT points or disqualifications) held for at least 12 months
• Vehicle Banksman/Traffic Marshall/Traffic Management training
• Completion & maintenance of security vetting requirements (SC) is essential for this role
• Positive, can-do attitude
• Customer focused
• Open to change/new ideas, offers innovative solutions to problems and works with management to drive efficiency/performance improvement
• Integrity – will follow agreed procedures, adhere to rules/regulations to ensure that safety/security is never compromised.
UK Government Security Clearance is required for this role. Candidates must hold a minimum 5 years’ UK residency.
Five-year background check required for air cargo security. Candidates must have a five-year checkable work history with any gaps in excess of 28 days accounted for.
Basic Disclosure check will be required.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!
No agencies please