Pathway Group aspires to be an organisation that Changes Lives Through Skills and Work with the aim of making a meaningful and impact difference to clients and learners. We do this by becoming an indispensable partner of choice to funding bodies, other lead providers, employers, and supply chain delivery partners.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Delivery Manager to be accountable for managing the performance and delivery of our Traineeship contract and growing our Adult Education Budget and alternative funding streams within the South East region encompassing the Greater London Authority area.
We want you to grow the business across all funding streams and to develop a commercial offer appropriate to the needs of employers and learners as appropriate. You will be working with the Head of Performance and the Executive Team to meet the performance needs of our traineeship contracts, as well as building excellent relationships with stakeholders, employers’, and referral agencies, to support the growth of all contracts and Pathway’s footprint within your area.
As Delivery Manager, you will provide direction, leadership and the implementation on all related funding and contract management issues and ensure company growth aspirations and targets are met from sales to compliance, quality, and administration delivery standpoints of the business. You will support the Company’s regular operations to ensure the smooth and effective running of the department, to the highest possible standards. Liaising with partners, colleagues, and stakeholders in a courteous and timely fashion to provide a high level of customer service and maintain our reputation as a leading training provider.
We expect you to:
Have excellent people skills and the ability to own a room, with a commercial awareness to be able to grow our provision outside of the funded skill sector. You must possess a high-level of expertise with all things funding, such as AEB, ESFA, Traineeships and GLA Funding. You will establish yourself as a thought leader and influencer in our marketplace and use your knowledge of the local area to be widely recognised an excellent business development lead, optimising performance, and delivering stakeholder care with business integration and customer excellence.
As well as monitoring performance, identifying risks, and swiftly putting into place improvement plans to address any identified areas of underperformance, you will also promote a high-performance positive culture where people are enthused and motivated to perform to their best, through supportive and professional leadership and management.
Requirements of the Role
You will be accountable for meeting performance targets and thus subsequently meeting financial expectations monthly, with the intent to grow the business through various funding streams which are but not limited to advance learner loans, AEB, apprenticeship and traineeships. You will manage the operational delivery and development and growth of funding and growing of contracts, working closely with key partners, monitoring performance and achievement of contract requirements as well as:
* Effectively managing the Pathway ESFA Traineeship and the GLA contract and liaising with key stakeholders and funding organisations
* Have overall ownership of sales and business development in the region
* Have overall ownership of all quality and compliance for all the region’s activities
* Monitor and manage regional targets agreed in our plan, to ensure targeted number of sign-ups, leads and completers are consistently being met
* Monitor and review forecasting and produce weekly/monthly reports
* Work in tandem and under direction of MIS and Quality teams from Head office for the above
* Implement appropriate routeways and progression offers for our employers and learners whilst seeking to increase and maximise funding.
* To generate whilst nurturing existing relationships in the aim of securing future opportunities
* Monitor, drive and manage contract performance to achieve target contract outcomes through effective management of administration and delivery staff
* Effectively recruit, manage, and inspire team members to achieve business objectives in line with contractual requirements and aspirational growth targets
* Carry out supervisory and team meeting as appropriate including appraisals to ensure service levels are maintained or improved
* Any other duties as designated by your manager, and which are commensurate with the responsibility of this post
Knowledge and Skills
* Demonstrable understanding of Skills Sector performance improvement frameworks and requirements
* Working knowledge of national guidelines and ability to research good practice solutions
* Knowledge of current policy in the Skills Sector and how this applies
* Knowledge of local area
* Excellent interpersonal skills and can communicate concerns, complex / contentious issues in a diplomatic manner that does not offend or escalate
* Ability to motivate, empower and facilitate teams from different professional disciplines
* Experience of working with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
* Resilient, relentless and the drive to succeed
* Have a commercial awareness to be able to grow our provision outside of the funded skill sector
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets, with attention to detail
* Ability to work calmly under pressure, self-motivate and use own initiative
* Ability to build strong working relationships with other departments
* An excellent work ethic and positive attitude to work
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience of selling a service
* Experience in using MIS, trackers and learning platforms
* Experience of the learner journey
* Experience of working in a quality driven environment
Significant experience of implementing commercial revenue opportunities
Understanding of funding including GLA, ESFA and Traineeships
Demonstrable understanding of Skills Sector performance improvement frameworks and requirements
A proven track record of building and maintaining excellent external relationships
Experience of leading and motivating staff at times of change
Knowledge of the employability and skills market
Some final words:
“As a new team member, you are expected to hit the ground running and be competent with dealing with Delivery Management swiftly in a way that is lean, agile and responsive”
Pathway Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered