Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Early Careers Manager to join an Agile team that designs and delivers products that continually improve on and innovate for our Early Careers programmes and processes.
This role is key to the team’s success. As our Early Careers subject matter expert, you’ll use your experience and knowledge to ensure we develop the best products, with our cohorts and business stakeholders in mind.
What you’ll do:
* You’ll be joining at an exciting time as we work on a brand refresh and explore new opportunities to strengthen our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
* Work closely with key stakeholders on the experience and development of our young people in new areas such as content, production and editorial.
* You’ll be the one to flag when something’s unlikely to land with our cohorts or hasn’t considered the timelines involved in assessment which will impact our product. You’ll be able to anticipate stakeholder feedback, you’ll have a sense for what might come up, weave that into the design and be able to run feedback sessions with them confidently, always considering their position.
* When we work collaboratively with our delivery team on sprints, you’ll be the person who understands exactly where they’re coming from, and able to work with them to find solutions.
* Proactively manage key relationships with HR and business colleagues, obtaining regular feedback to fuel continuous improvement. Working closely with other specialists’ colleagues across the Centres of Expertise, holding one another to account for developing a competitive, joined-up, consistent people experience for the organisation.
Working in an Agile way means, amongst other things, that collaboration and teamwork are very important to us.
What you’ll bring:
* Significant experience, ideally at Manager level, in Early Careers programmes. Strong knowledge of attraction, assessment and the in-life experience of graduates and apprentices
* Have worked in a large, fast-paced organisation who run multiple entry level programmes
* Be excited about joining a team focused on design, as opposed to delivery
* A desire for continuous improvement and excitement for learning agile methodologies. Don’t worry if you’ve never worked in agile before
* Experience of making programmes truly accessible for all
* Understand the balance in having young people’s experience at the centre of design, whilst considering impact on the business
* Confident speaking to senior stakeholders, able to take feedback and work on it
* Be solution focused, full of ideas, confident to contribute and never afraid to offer your opinion
* An excellent work ethic and get a lot of satisfaction from getting stuff done
Early Careers are the team who attract, hire, develop and support over 300 graduates and apprentices every year as they start their careers at Sky. And we design short term experiences for hundreds more to find out more about Sky and get their first experience of work.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Pension
* NOW (NOWTV)
Where you’ll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.