Environment, Health and Safety Manager
Remuneration: Competitive Salary with excellent benefits to include car allowance, bonus, pension, PMI, Life Assurance and 25 days holiday
Assured Safety Recruitment are partnering with the UK Business Unit of a Global Manufacturing Group of high quality products to the UK and across the globe, drawing on many years’ experience and striving to provide complete customer satisfaction. The business operates across seven key sites in the UK, of which two sites have recently undergone expansion to increase production output.
The business prides itself on having a strong, no blame health and safety culture where no job is considered so important that it cannot be done safely. The health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors and visitors is paramount. The business has already made significant progress minimising its’ impact on the environment and has ambitious plans over the next five years to reduce this impact further.
About the role
Reporting to the UK President, this position works closely with the Director of Global Environment, Health and Safety and covers the following key areas:
· Through partnerships across the organisation the successful candidate will drive health, safety and environmental leadership
· Ensuring that all sites’ safety, health and environmental management systems are developed and deliver continuous improvement and accountability through robust policies, procedures and measurements and are fully compliant with UK legislation while conforming to global policies and procedures.
· Co-ordinating, maintaining and developing the company’s ISO 14001, ISO 45001 Management Systems with input in developing a global framework.
· Ensuring that each site understands and maintains the necessary level of compliance documentation to satisfy the requirements of the above standards and thus ensure continued accreditation.
· Providing effective advice, coaching and reporting to leaders, to enable them to better implement the EHS systems and policies
· Implementing improvement initiatives required to achieve the EHS vision and strategy, in collaboration with stakeholders
Candidates will need to have the following skills and experience:
Direct experience Environment, Health and Safety within manufacturing
NEBOSH National Diploma in OH&S or equivalent (or close to completing the course)
Ideally a formal qualification in Environmental Management or experience of driving Environmental Management and reduction initiatives
Ideally OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Internal Auditor and Foundation Training Course or significant experience of implementing and managing ISO 45001
Ability to lead the Environment, Health and Safety team of two direct reports
A high degree of computer literacy particularly with MS Office 365 programs and flow charts
Analytical and investigative skills, especially as applied to risks, hazards and incidents including TapRoot investigations.
Ability and willingness to travel to other sites in the UK
Current UK Driving License with own transport
Knowledge of/experience with ISO14001 management systems