My Client based in Essex is looking to recruit an Environmental Advisor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the role:
- To manage or co-ordinate assigned environmental projects required for the organisation to meet environmental obligations and regulatory requirements for both construction and operations.
- To provide environmental advice to the various functions of the business to ensure that compliance with environmental requirements is achieved and to meet their global sustainability objectives.
- Undertake environmental audits and inspections
- Provide technical review of reports associated with the environmental monitoring programmes.
- To assist with the implementation of environmental improvement programs in the business and with the compilation of environmental data, support assessment and reduction initiatives, resource and waste data.
- To prepare scopes of work and requests for quotations from Consultants and Contractors required to deliver the requirements of the environmental programme.
- To support the Environment Manager in monitoring project expenditure, adhering to budgets and identifying cost saving initiatives for the Environment Team.
- Be fully conversant with the requirements of the organisation’s planning consents and track compliance with the provisions of these for key areas of responsibility.
- Support the ESMS Audit and Inspection Programme and successful close-out of actions and issues.
- Assist with the development of Emergency Control Procedures that have environmental aspects.
- Provide environmental advice regarding any incidents that occur within the business assisting with coordination of Emergency Plans and Exercises.
- Contribute to the implementation of Regional and Global Environmental initiatives
- Provide input to the tendering of goods and services, ensuring that environmental content is included and assessed in procurement process, in accordance with their policies.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in an environmental, engineering or earth sciences discipline
- Experience working in the field of environmental science, ecology, environmental management or environmental engineering;
- Understanding of environmental regulations;
- Knowledge of working in accordance with the requirements of ISO14001 certified environmental management systems;
- Experience of managing environmental works to support development and construction projects, with site based experience;
- Experience taking a leading role in management or co-ordination of projects, financial tracking and delivery of projects within challenging timescales;
- Practical and ability to manage high workloads contributing to the smooth day-to-day running of the department;
- Demonstrable success in managing and ensuring delivery of assigned tasks/projects;
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communications skills;
- Strong report writing skills;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisation skills;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexible attitude, good organisational skills, eye for detail;
- Excellent influencing skills to persuade others to comply with systems;
- Take ownership of work as well as a displaying a willing and ‘hands on’ work approach, make suggestions and get involved in various projects.