Escalator Breakdown / Call Out Engineer – 12 Hr Shifts 4on / 4off (Nights or Days)
London Underground / Pan TfL
Competitive Basic + Benefits/Allowances + Travel
Great brands have a great story. Ours is legendary.
In 1854, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World’s Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform elevator, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held. And in that moment, one man changed the world’s perspective on what’s possible, sending it rising up.
Would you like to join a truly international, talent driven company with values that focus on Performance, Quality, Innovation and Employee Opportunity?
What are we looking for?
* We are currently seeking a number of experienced Escalator Breakdown / Call Out Engineers to join our Transport for London team, covering the London Underground and Over Ground Stations across Greater London.
* We have various positions available, including Lead, Senior, Principle and Staff Engineer level roles – with attractive packages and working on either Days or Nights 4 on/4 off shift patterns (7pm-7am or 7am – 7pm)
* As a qualified engineer you will be expected to carry out Breakdown and Repair work on all escalators within your patch.
* This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer who is looking to develop their career with a world-renowned company
The Skills We Need:
* You will be qualified to at least NVQ Level 3 in Escalator Engineering or significant experience in the service and maintenance of escalators.
* You must be an experienced Escalator Engineer with in-depth knowledge of a variety of different brands of equipment
* Flexibility is important, as night working and overtime maybe required
* Whilst you must be a team player it is essential that you can also work on your own initiative
What We Offer:
* On top of a competitive basic salary, you will have the opportunity to supplement your earnings with Overtime and be part of the On Call Rota + London Waiting Allowance + Vehicle (nights).
* Benefits which include pension, Life Assurance, Childcare Vouchers, Paid Maternity, Paternity and Sick leave, reduced rate private medical insurance, and access to the Otis Rewards Scheme
* Employee Scholarship Scheme – Otis will support you through your studies if you wish to gain further qualifications including Bachelors and Masters Degrees
More about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. Otis employs more than 60,000 people, offers products and services in more than 200 countries and territories and maintains more than 1.35 million lifts and escalators worldwide.
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
We welcome applications from talented and qualified Escalator Engineers, (whether Installation, Service Modernisation or Repair) and who live within a commutable distance of Central London