Finance Assistant – Part-Time
Perth or Coventry
22.5 hours per week
£13,200 – £13,800 pa (£22,000 – £23,000 full-time equivalent) depending on skills and experience
Lantra is a charity that helps ensure the land-based and aquaculture sector can meet their skills needs. We provide high-quality training and qualification products for skills and workforce development in land-based industries and work with a wide range of partners to promote the opportunities within the sector, to an increasingly diverse audience. Our courses are delivered to more than 85,000 people each year across the UK and we work with businesses and other stakeholders to create innovative solutions to skills challenges.
We’re now looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team in Scotland on a permanent, part-time basis, working 22.5 hours per week. Ideally these hours will be worked over three days per week, however, we are happy to be flexible with this.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised individual with previous bookkeeping and/or accounting experience to take on a new challenge with a leading training provider.
You’ll discover a superb chance to grow and develop within this key support role, expanding your existing skillset and building on your career.
What’s more, you’ll find that we offer a range of great benefits and rewards, as well as fantastic support, to ensure that you are motivated and enabled to make a success of your role.
As a Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for supporting our Scotland Team through accurate financial administration.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will assist with a wide variety of finance tasks to ensure the smooth running of our Scotland Office.
Your duties will include:
– Managing finance-related email inboxes and responding appropriately
– Creating and processing purchase orders
– Raising and processing invoices and providing up to date payment data and reports
– Managing monthly credit card purchase orders and reconciliation
– Publishing reports and reconciling budgets
– Processing of purchase ledger invoices
To be considered as a Finance Assistant, you will need:
– Experience of working in an office environment
– Strong bookkeeping and/or accounting experience
– Good administrative skills
– To be proficient in IT, in particular Microsoft Excel
– To have, or be working towards, an AAT Level 2 qualification
– An NC/HN qualification in an appropriate area or equivalent
A working knowledge of Sage 200, Power BI or similar would be beneficial to your application, as would previous experience of financial administration for funded projects. It would also be favourable if you are working towards AAT level 3 or above.
Closing date: 31 January 2022
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Finance Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Finance Administrator, Accounts Technician, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Junior Finance Assistant, Trainee Accountant, or Assistant Accountant