This is a 12 month position as a Finance Intern paying up to £26,000 pro rata.
This great investment firm invest in medium-sized businesses in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
They focus on companies with the potential to create sustainable, long-term value through changing economic cycles and we work closely with management to achieve that. Its portfolio companies benefit from their Management services. In addition to Business Support, they engages Senior Industry Experts and specialist professionals to provide services to portfolio companies as well as ongoing tax, structuring and financing advice, communication, marketing and legal support.
We are offering a successful candidate the opportunity to work for a leading Private Equity firm as a Finance Intern for 12 months. The role will be based in our London office. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop the key skills needed to grow within the finance industry. And if you impress us, there may be opportunities to explore experience in other departments within the firm, if a vacancy arises.
Finance Intern Responsibilities
- Perform detailed analysis for control of deal costs and recharge to appropriate third parties in accordance with various Agreements;
- Raising disbursement invoices;
- Processing of employee travel and entertainment expenditure reports and ensuring compliance with group policy.
- Supporting the Management Reporting function;
- Project support on efficiency improvement projects.
- Gain knowledge in the Private Equity sector
- Be part of a fast-moving industry
- Contribute towards operational excellence
Key results expected from the Intern by the end of the Internship:
- Participated fully as a team member and contributed to the improved performance of the team.
- Be comfortable working with our IT Accountancy software package – Unit4.
- Develop the confidence to deal with the demands of senior personnel.
Key learning points for the Intern:
- Gain insight into the internal finance function in a fast-changing environment and appreciate the importance of proper costs control and accurate and timely management reporting.
- You will have the opportunity to take on real responsibilities, and to work as an active member of the finance team, liaising with people at all levels of the business.
Skill Set / Experience
- Previous experience of raising fee and disbursement invoices
- Excellent computer skills and proficient use of Excel & Outlook
- Proficient use of the financial reporting and general ledger system
- Strong understanding of double entry
- Excellent Excel, IT and numerate skills and is excited about working in finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Methodical, attentive to detail and accurate
- Open, honest and straight forward approach
- Listens, consults and communicates proactively
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity
- Plans ahead and works in a systematic way
The ideal candidate will have personal values aligned with firm values:
- Ambitious, driven and high energy
- A good team player and collaborative
- Humble and honest with the ability and willingness to learn from mistakes
- Client focused and committed to delivery