*London / Middlesex*
*Type of contract: Permanent*
Skanska Building Services is recruiting a Senior Project Accountant to join our Building Services team to support our Defence contracts in Middlesex and London. This is a key, senior level position responsible for all financial aspects of a PFI Total Facilities Management project for NATO and UK Joint Forces Command Headquarters at MOD Northwood and MOD’s London head office in Westminster.
*You Will : *
* Report to the Defence Commercial Leader, the Senior Project Accountant will aid managerial planning and commercial decision-making by creating providing appropriate financial information and undertaking related accounts administration, including month end journals and submissions, budgeting and forecasting and any other finance related reports required by the business for the Project.
* Be responsible for all financial aspects of a PFI Total FM project
* Be responsible for the tracking of all costs and expenditure on the Project supported by the Accounts Administrator.
* Ensure that any expenditure exceeding budgets, forecasts or delegated authority limits have the correct authorisations before a purchase order is raised and cost is incurred.
* Be required to support the Project Commercial Leads, the Project Director and the Project Leadership Team, to coach and challenge on all financial matters, and to support the rigour of finance culture.
* Presenting the Project’s trading position each month to the Leadership Group and sector as required.
* The Senior Project Accountant will oversee financial management of all capital works joint venture agreements including intercompany cost and value transfers
*What we are looking for in our Senior Project Accountant : *
* Proven experience in a similar Project Accountant / Financial Controller position at a senior level
* Relevant financial experience within a contracting organisation ideally in FM or contracted services environment desirable but not essential
* Excellent desktop skills and used to hands-on generation of financial reporting and analysis
* Interpersonal characteristics that facilitate trusted relationships and respect through support and challenge
* Understanding the implications of health, safety, and environmental regulations (do we need this?)
* Degree or equivalent level qualification and qualified accountant status
* SC level security clearance will be required
· We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender identity or expression, age, religion, sexual orientation and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and high-performing teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
· We welcome you to ask about flexibility at interview stage and we will explore what is possible for the role. *Reasonable adjustments*
· We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
*More information about the role*
· Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Please confirm your salary requirements
* Due to strict security clearance requirements to work at this site, please confirm you have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of the past 5 years ?