Qualified & experienced manufacturing accountant required for FC role
Your new company
One of the UK’s leading bathroom manufacturers, supplying over 10,000 units every year to main contractors and developers. The group has been manufacturing products for the construction industry for more than 60 years. It employs around 500 highly skilled staff, has production facilities in excess of 250,000sqft. and annual sales in the region of £50m.
Your new role
To maintain the day-to-day Finance Function of the company with responsibility for the timely production of monthly reporting and oversight of the Finance team to ensure information prepared and distributed is accurate and all team members are efficient, with effective use of Sage 200. You will be an experienced Financial Controller with excellent written and verbal communication and numeric, analytical, and problem-solving skills. You will be a team player with excellent time management skills and an eye for detail able to question the actions that drive the numbers.
What you’ll need to succeed
▪ Prepare monthly management accounts and reporting; ensuring timely input from direct reports.
▪ Create or review month end journals as required to ensure the monthly accounts reflect a true and fair position.
▪ Prepare or oversee and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all accounts.
▪ Oversee cash flow and debt positions as well as debt collection.
▪ Lead preparation of annual statutory accounts, reconciliation from nominal ledger and supporting documentation.
▪ Lead preparation of the annual budget, coordinate with other departments and reviews with Senior Management.
▪ Oversee and lead daily finance department operations, including reviews and objective setting with the Finance Director.
▪ Identify and suggest training needs to develop skills and abilities of direct reports within the Finance department.
▪ Coordinate information needs of site and group Directors; focus on productivity and profitability gains.
▪ Coordinate and supervise submissions of Intrastat, EC Sales List, VAT Return, National Statistics etc.
▪ Review and approve weekly wages and monthly salary payrolls, coordinate additional overtime reporting to business.
▪ Ensure compliance with any other regular Government reporting requirements (e.g. National Statistics).
▪ Proactively analyse costs to assist in ensuring the resources of the company are being used in the most productive manner.
▪ First point of contact for Auditors; coordination of information gathering for all areas of the Financial accounts.
▪ Commercial analysis of project profitability post-completion, with robust standard cost, variance and margin analysis.
▪ Assist in implementation of manufacture and project accounting on Sage 200.
▪ This is an office based role for 37.5 hours per week, 08:30 to 17:00 are normal working hours.
What you’ll get in return
* 4 month temp contract
* Starting January 2022
* Paid weekly timesheets (competitive daily rate)
* The role is permanent, so if you are a good fit & want permanent this could be an option for you
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.