We’re looking for a Financial Controller to join our Solutions Delivery Finance team based at our Westwood office in Coventry and currently operating a hybrid model.
Financial Controller- (FT,PT, Job Share)
A fantastic opportunity to work in a fast paced Finance environment helping to support the growth strategy of the E.ON UK Solutions business
Here’s what you’ll be doing
The Senior Finance Business Partner will support the Solutions Delivery business meet it’s financial targets, delivery of MTP, supporting the planning and reporting across the portfolio of businesses in Solutions Delivery providing comprehensive insight on the monthly performance. In addition, maintaining an effective financial control environment through the use of multiple systems, processes and people, across a multi-site environment.
Main responsibilities include
* Lead financial decision support and analysis for UK Solutions Generation sites (CES and BHPS) within a context of value delivery, cost control and risk mitigation.
* Working closely with Business to develop the 3 Year Plan (MTP) as well as quarterly forecasts.
* A leading role in development and submission of Financial ESG KPIs, with close working relationships with UK Strategy and Group colleagues on ESG related topics.
* Engaging and influencing key stakeholders to ensure fully integrated business plan, meeting all business submission requirements
* Reporting Financial Performance for Generation sites on Actuals including full ownership of the month-end process (P&L, balance sheet and cashflow).
* Production of Monthly Performance Report and KPI Reporting.
* Act as the finance lead to drive the optimisation of operational performance.
* Working closely with the business to produce investment papers for investment decisions.
* Challenging and supporting the business in delivering to its commitments as well as understanding and mitigating risks and identifying opportunities.
* Ensure that all financial analysis, including monthly reporting, is of a good quality that stands senior management scrutiny.
* Ensuring effective operation of appropriate governance and controls.
What we need from you
* Previous experience of adding value within a commercially focused finance role.
* Degree educated with membership of a professional accounting institute (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
* Resilience and ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritise workloads in a fast paced environment.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to deal effectively and confidently with all individuals at all levels of the business.
* Must have strong commercial acumen with a proven ability to identify key issues.
* Track record of stakeholder management with ability to provide both effective support and challenge to senior customers and stakeholders.
* A proactive and creative approach to problem solving, challenging established thinking.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications
Here’s what you need to know
* Due to the nature of the roles a Criminal Record Check will be required.
* This is a permanent role.
* We have a market leading benefits package – it includes a, 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we’re happy to talk flexible working. We offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time, job share and variable start and finishing times