Do you want to be part of a community and grow a career? At Southern Co-op we work hard because we want to do well and the more successful we are the more we can give back to our members and communities – that’s the beauty of a co-operative.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Franchise & Retail Finance Assistant to join our team. You’ll provide support to the finance/management accounting functions of Franchise and Food Retail.
- Processing of Franchisee invoices and credit notes in agresso, subsequent payments and receipts, liaising with banking team where appropriate.
- Demonstrate an understanding of where the underlying data behind the Franchisee invoices and credit notes comes from and how it feeds into the Franchise business model. To assist with analysis and creation of this data when required.
- Processes as required associated with the Franchisee Trade Statement.
- Responsibility for the reconciliation of stock transfers for the food retail business.
- Accurate & timely collation of weekly sales figures for internal and external parties
- Weekly reporting of retail personnel tracker to operational colleagues
- Assisting the retail finance team as required in weekly and period end tasks, including preparation & posting of journals with bridge analysis, concentrating on but not limited to other income and services.
- Building and maintaining a business partnership with non finance colleagues providing information and analysis to assist in delivery of their requirements.
- Support the budgeting and forecast process.
- Completion of Fresh promotional claim in accordance with required timescales and provision of EPOS proof as required.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations of specific account codes as directed.
- Ad hoc analysis as required, application of knowledge using cognos, agresso & TM1 systems.
- Any ad hoc tasks that may be required by the Retail Management Accountant in the usual course of business.
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- AAT Level 4+/CIMA Studier
- Team player and proven communication skills
- High levels of accuracy coupled with personal flexibility with the ability to operate to tight period end deadlines
- Proficient in the use of excel supported by generally high levels of IT literacy with ability to manipulate data, identify trends and produce summary information
- Ability to apply own initiative and willingness to fully understand the task in hand
- Desire to progress and continue with professional qualifications
- Experience of working within a finance department
- Good attention to detail
- Logical and methodical approach
- Experience of use of finance & BI systems – knowledge of Agresso, Cognos, and TM1 systems desirable
If you’re passionate about finance, and have a background in a fast-paced environment then we would love to hear from you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and grow your career.