This is a great Graduate Analyst role at the NHS starting out as an internship with the view to be extended upon a successful internship period.
Context of the role
The Business Intelligence Analyst will support the department in extracting data and building reports from a range of sources – both internal and external and across a range of care settings. They will focus on producing monthly and ad hoc reports..
The Business Intelligence team’s work is to support the contracting, performance management and monitoring of quality targets across a number of acute and non-acute contracts and to assist in the development of CCG operational and strategic plans. A number of monthly routine reports need to be delivered and the post-holder will be expected to develop a capability and skillset to enable them to deliver these and stream line and improve the processes to deliver monthly reports.
Due to the technical nature of the team’s work, the post holder will be encouraged to broaden and deepen their knowledge base and technical skillset within the role.
The post holder will also contribute to multidisciplinary work within the NCL MDT and NCL CCGs to ensure the service provided to the CCGs provides additional intelligence and recommendations to decision making processes.
They may also act as lead on allocated projects work streams as defined by the Head of Business Intelligence
Role specific duties and responsibilities
The post holder will undertake the following duties and responsibilities
- Analysis and interpretation of complex statistical data relating to trends, patterns and anomalies
- Collate and present information with accuracy, timeframe and ensuring it is fit for purpose
- Providing technical support to customers on allocated work streams
- Ensuring effective links with those supplying data required for analysis
- Analytical support to the development of activity or other modelling
- Contribute to implementation of policy and procedure within day to day work
- Requirement to work flexibly across the team (as and when the need arises) in situations not limited to absence cover, project work, covering maternity leave etc
- The post holder is required to follow all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in their work and take responsibility for maintaining their personal training in the use of SOPs as part of their annual training and development plan.
- To assist in the development of proposals for project work for example assessing tasks and costing up proposals. To become involved with other business development tasks as necessary to develop areas of work or establish new relationships.
- To undertake project development work that increases understanding of and leads to the improvement of data resources or capability within the CSU
- Education /Qualifications – Degree relevant to health intelligence analysis (ie in a numerate discipline)
- Experience in a similar role Sound data extraction and manipulation and report writing skills (database and spreadsheet) Sound knowledge of SQL Server 2012
- Knowledge Good working knowledge of IT, information and decision support tools relevant to the role Knowledge of project management principle