Berry Recruitment has a newly registered opportunity to join our client based in Oxford as a Lettings Administrator. This customer focused role encompasses all aspects of residential lettings, ranging from dealing with customers and clients to assisting in the management of properties on behalf of owners whilst carrying out general office reception/administration duties.
You will be responsible for managing the tenancy agreement process from start to finish to include tenant check in’s and check out’s, regular inspections and maintenance. You will be required to liaise with both internal and external parties face-to-face, over the telephone and via written correspondence. The industry is heavily regulated, so paperwork is a key concern for the client, therefore attention to detail is highly important. Working in a team environment, the individual will be expected to demonstrate commitment, loyalty and an ability to work as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives and financial implications for the Company.
Role: Lettings Administrator
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 per Annum
- As the first point of contact for customers or visitor to the organisation, you will be expected to answer enquiries in an efficient, professional and friendly manner.
- Deal with all incoming enquiries (be that over the phone, via written correspondence, the website or in person) and directing enquiries as appropriate ensuring all enquiries are acknowledged within 24 hours, distribute calls and take accurate, detailed messages as required.
- Provide an exceptional customer focus towards landlords, tenants and contractors / suppliers.
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with your clients and customers.
- Be familiar with office listings and property advertising.
- Accurate completion of all necessary documentation associated with leasing and managing properties, including the full preparation of the property file and relevant documents, inspection reports, leases and account management/ tenancy finance statements.
- Deal with/manage external suppliers/contractors – arranging for works to be carried out, completing and distributing worksheets, confirming completion of the work and in taking invoices, etc.
- Carryout check in’s, property inspections and check out’s as required.
- Manage and maintain the Contractors and the Shared Calendars.
- Produce a variety of written correspondence to tenants and landlords as required.
- Liaise with landlords and tenants (current, previous and perspective) in relation to the property as required.
- Keep the current and archive filing in a good, tidy and organised manner.
- Maintain the property keys and key register.
- Take payments and handle large sums of money, banking and recording such payments as applicable.
- Efficient and accurate processing of rental receipts from tenants, in accordance with office procedures
- Assist in the maintenance and presentation of rental properties in accordance with the owner’s instructions.
- Competently use appropriate computer software
- Ensure that the mail has been collected / delivered and distributed on daily basis.
- Resolve disputes in a fair and professional manner to ensure a satisfactory result for all parties concerned.
- Update all property details and photos and links as necessary on the win Property software.
- Update and maintain all hard and electronic copies of contractors’ details and certificates to include linking them to the software.
- Being proactive in enhancing the financial results of the Company.
- Assist and complete all tasks and projects as requested by the PA to the Director & Office Manager and / or the Director to a high standard in an efficient manner.
- Assist all colleagues and other departments in their day to day activities where necessary and to cover for other colleagues and departments as and when required to assist the Company in meeting its business needs.
- Maintain all relevant qualifications and attending training sessions as part of the role and normal working arrangements.
- Attend and participate in all office meetings as required.
- Ability to work with others
- Looking for a results-driven, fun loving and confident team player, who’s committed to maintaining the highest standards of customer care and ethical conduct as they identify and maximise new and existing business opportunities.
If you believe, you have the passion and enthusiasm to succeed in this role, please contact Kathy at the Oxford Branch. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you do not hear back within five working days, unfortunately you have not been successful with your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.