Zero Hours Contract – Shift work Days/Nights
Responsibilities but not limited to:
Maintain production, product inspection, packaging control and machine operational duties. Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults. Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available to reduce changeover times. Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production. Effectively monitor production equipment for future failures and optimal efficiency. Assist the shop floor team leaders, QA’s and packaging clerk where necessary. Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management. Maintain a safe and clean work space. Follow established safety rules and regulations. Committed to team working, quality control and safety. Arrange machine at the beginning of work procedures to ensure that everything is in order. Test the machine before main work begins to be sure that it’s in good condition for production. Clean up machine parts after every work procedure and Plan full line clean downs and establish cleaning schedules. Set all machine operation information such as speed, size and shape into machine before it begins running. Insert all production materials in the various parts of the machine where they are supposed to be to enhance production output. Ensure that machines are calibrated and recalibrated before and after production procedures. Strictly adhere to client job specification and ensure good quality work. Report to team leaders regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progress.
Personal qualities and necessities:
* To be punctual for work.
* To have a good attendance record ( refer to the policy on sickness and absence)
* To co-operate with immediate managers and colleagues to accomplish their duties.
* The ability to handle heavy equipment.
* Good understand of both reading and writing in English to understand technical information.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to multitask.
* Good communication skills.
* Have good knowledge of mechanical devices
* Lifting of 15kg reels may also be required.
* Be a team player