Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Salary: £28,500 – £32,500 p.a.
Shift: Monday – Friday 13:30pm – 22:00pm
Additional Benefits: Pension, Life Cover, Individual Bupa healthcare, Mobile Phone & 22 days Holiday
I am currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician (Mechanical bias) to work with a leading manufacturer of paper hygiene products. As a Maintenance Engineer you be responsible for carrying out repairs/maintenance of a variety of mechanical plant machinery.
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance strategy, systems, processes and procedures to improve equipment reliability.
• Assist in the development of maintenance plans as part of the yearly planning process.
• Assist in the development of maintenance and operations skill levels to promote cross-skilling and improved equipment utilisation effectiveness.
• Involved in the engineering, installation, commissioning and handover of new projects.
• Plan and organise work on allocated improvement projects and for the week ahead.
• Use of the purchasing and stores system to complete work requirements.
• Identify equipment issues and advise on work needed and opportunities for improvement.
• Tracking and reporting of compliance to daily maintenance plans.
• Identification and implementation of recovery plans when work is behind schedule.
• Personal operation of plant, process or equipment systems as necessary to maintain and optimise work quality, safety and throughput of the team.
The successful candidate for the Maintenance Technicians position will have the following experience:
• 3-5 years experience working as a Mechanical bias Maintenance Engineer (Essential)
• NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Electrical Maintenance (Essential)
• Basic knowledge PLC’s, VSD’s and associated control systems(Essential)
• Highly developed fault finding and problem-solving skills
• Good IT skills – MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written skills
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we are sometimes not able to respond directly to each candidate. If you haven’t been contacted within 14 days of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to SourceCo and the relevant client related to this vacancy.
SourceCo work in partnership with businesses across the UK who operate within Manufacturing, Logistics, Commercial and Further Education sectors. We provide temporary, permanent and contract opportunities engaging with talented candidates looking to make their next career move.
We know our clients; We know the marketplace; We look for innovation everywhere; We seize the day,
We are SourceCo