*Winn Group*, home to _Winn Solicitors, On Medical_ and _On Hire_, is a leading North East business providing nationwide accident management and rehabilitation services for victims of non-fault accidents.
As part of Winn Group’s expansion into new areas of Law, we have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our newly established Wills, Trust and Probate department.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Paralegal with experience in a range of privately funded family-related matters, and the ability to take a proactive approach in the development and success of the department.
* *22 days holiday, 8 days bank holidays, and an added birthday holiday*
* *Three-day bonus holiday for full attendance*
* *Buy & sell holidays*
* *Additional holidays for long service*
* *Annual salary review & bonus schemes *subject to performance*
* *On-site parking *subject to availability*
* *Employee discount scheme*
* *Corporate Metro Scheme*
* *Bike to work Scheme*
* *Pension scheme contribution*
* *Company social events*
* *Employee Assistance Confidential Helpline*
* *Death in service insurance (3x salary)*
* *Training and development opportunities*
* *Personal and professional development – the opportunity to work alongside, and gain extensive experience from a highly regarded Solicitor and Head of Department*
*Job Description: *
* You will be responsible for the effective handling of a caseload of Wills, Trust & Probate related client cases.
* Deliver a level of exemplary client care in accordance with SRA regulations and Company standards
* Provide excellent, appropriate and timely advice to clients both verbally and in writing in accordance with specific client’s needs/requirements
* Advocate on behalf of/Represent clients at court
* Instruct counsel where cases dictate that this would be in a client’s best interests
* Contribution and participation in departmental business development activities
* Complete required tasks accordingly
* Contact clients and third parties to chase the return of any outstanding documentation and ensure the progression of matters
* Contact Courts regarding any outstanding issues e.g. chasing hearing dates and/or notice of issue
* Accurate drafting of legal documents
* Issuing Court proceedings to progress files at appropriate times
* Ensure the client obtains the appropriate outcome for their case, in accordance with regulations and legislation
* Accurate recording of evidence and or data received from clients and other parties within Proclaim
* Achieve financial targets and maximise income per case
* Ensure disbursements incurred are appropriate for the progression of a case
* Maximise the recovery of other Winn Group costs, without compromising the best outcome for the client
*Person Specification: *
The successful candidate must commit to upholding the company’s core values, Integrity, Respect, Loyalty and Reliability and ensure that they are demonstrated throughout their working practice. You should also possess the relevant attributes and experience outlined below.
* Previous experience of running own case load of Wills, Trust and Probate files
* Have a keen interest and willingness to participate in departmental business development activities.
* Awareness of the Law Society Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme and be an accredited member (highly desirable)
* Have previous experience and interest in case management software packages (previous Proclaim and Arken experience would be advantageous)
* Be familiar with the online portal for Probate applications.
* Have excellent time management skills, with an ability to prioritise and organise a complex workload to meet required deadlines.
* Be able to demonstrate initiative and drive to produce an exemplary standard of service to our clients.
* Be commercially focused.
* Be able to meet clients in the community as well as in the office, therefore your own transport is essential.
If you have not heard from us within four weeks of submitting your CV your application has been unsuccessful.
Salary: Dependent upon experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
* Paralegal: 1 year (required)