Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
About Q6, Heathrow
Our Q6 framework spans from airfield works (taxiways, runways, stands), to civils (roads, demolition works, underground and above ground structures), and MEP packages (services tunnels, lifts, life safety systems, fuel/fire mains).
Ferrovial Construction is looking for a Procurement Assistant to work in Heathrow’s Q6 framework. You will report to the Commercial Manager and assist with the supplier procurement process.
* Ensuring purchase & hire requisitions are processed in a timely manner
* Obtaining quotations from suppliers
* Prepare and issue Purchase Orders
* Ensuring site delivery requirements are met
* Liaise with suppliers to monitor the progress of Purchase Orders, ensuring deliveries take place on time and in full
* Providing colleagues with updates regarding critical dates
* Resolving invoice queries and discrepancies with our suppliers and accounts department
* Updating the supplier list with relevant details
* Assessing price comparisons and uploading comparatives on to the procurement system INSITE
* Maintaining, scanning and filing documents on 4Projects and the Server
* Ensure company systems, procedures and processes are always adhered to
* Communicate with suppliers, site teams and other departments in Ferrovial
* Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values.
Skills and Competence:
* Previous procurement experience
* Good organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills – verbal and written
* Commercial awareness
* Familiar with all Microsoft packages, especially Excel
* Build and maintain positive relationships within the team and across Ferrovial
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills