A fantastic opportunity for a Product Developer/Technologist to join an established well known outdoor brand to oversee SMS, PP and size set samples and prepare them for bulk production in line with the seasonal timetable. This role will be working across multi product, men’s, ladies and kids.
- Using the PLM system produce first prototype spec for new design work including block assessment, creative styling, size measurements for base size and the grade. Develop designs for internal designers and any occasional freelance designers.
- Arrange cloth trial and prototype testing with internal wearer trailers for own styles. Collate and share feedback to design team.
- Arrange fabric testing on own style new qualities with the nominated fabric-testing house. Feedback and file results.
- Edit and update CAD designs using Illustrator.
- Produce sample reports for each prototype until sealed. Aim to final seal after second or third prototype for all commercial styles.
- Produce final salesman sample spec on own styles including all fabric and trim details and colour breakdown information.
- Assist in the preparation for the seasonal product launches. Tasks to include product merchandising, product styling at photoshoots
- Check and measure seasonal SMS garments, fit test with the developers and send reports to the suppliers. Request size sets or PP samples when required.
- Send all new style and new colour bulk specifications with SMS comments.
- Send all carry forward style and colour bulk specifications based on P.O. requests.
- Check and measure all size set sample garments, fit test with the developers and send relevant reports to suppliers.
- Check and measure all PP samples and send the reports to the suppliers. Fit test if needed, request pre-shipping samples if needed.
- Check swing tickets & packaging with Developers before approval.
- Put together resourcing packs as required by production team.
- Complete any Q.C. checks on bulk as required by the production team.
- To ensure that all ISO procedures associated with this job are done in line with documentation and any changes are managed according to ISO requirements.
- Liaise with Developers and Designers in weekly progress update reports.
- Attend and contribute to the brand meeting every other month.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with our product factories and fabric suppliers using clear and effective communication using word, excel and outlook.
- Be available for some occasional overseas travel required to factories to discuss developments, production and maintain the Fair Wear Foundation standards.
- Ideally have a Clothing Technology degree (or similar).
- With min 1-2 year’s experience within the fashion industry.
- Highly competent IT skills, including excel
- Confident communication skills, the ability to work to critical path deadlines.
- Ability to manage own workload and a team player.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis.