New Dawn innovations is a multi-award-winning consumer electronics manufacturer based in the heart of Hampshire. Now in our 10th year, we are continuing to expand. Based on our stellar growth we want to enrol a new team member for the following position.
Our unique vision of blending award-winning consumer electronic products with world-renowned designers such as Laura Ashley -Joules – Emma Bridgewater & Cath Kidston has given us a unique proposition in the marketplace. In 2022, we start on an exciting new path as we expand into multiple new product categories and look to grow the business both nationally and internationally.
We are now actively looking to recruit somebody from a design-led background who wishes to cross over into a commercial and project management role in bringing new exciting innovation to market. Our candidate must have a minimum of two years of experience in product design and a good knowledge of graphic design. An ideal candidate would also have commercial or project management experience, be super organised, can manage to outsource freelancers to bring projects together on time and within budget.
Basic job responsibilities:
* Hands-on product design work including structural design/structural redesign – aesthetic appearance – material selection – material finishes – structuring CMFs for the manufacturing of goods.
* Packaging design, packaging layout, and creating out-of-box experiences. Including, manuals and working within specific brand guidelines on behalf of our designer partners.
* Create out of box experiences, including building a QuickStart guide and FAQ.
* Create in-house packaging designs or when busy managing outsourcing to freelancers.
* Project management via Gantt chart on bringing a new product to market and liaising with the various departments to ensure a smooth go-to-market strategy and product launch.
* Create in-house -/managing outsource freelancers to build web content, including Amazon and social media.
* Create in-house- / managing outsource freelancers to apply designer prints to new products.
* Create in-house-/managing outsource freelancers to build new corporate look books and catalogues for both retailers and distributors globally.
The candidate should have:
* A design background ideally in both product and graphic design with a minimum of two years’ work experience. Also, have experience in solid works (or equivalent CAD package), including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop – Illustrator – In Design).
* Intermediate use of office 365 in particular Excel.
* Experience in using project management and collaboration software such as Teamwork – DropBox – Google Drive.
* The ability to layout new projects to outsourced freelancers and manage the freelancers to achieve our goals on time and within budget.
* Be organised and methodical with superb attention to detail.
* Be dynamic, driven with a desire to bring the best possible products to market globally.
* Have a passion for growing our business and partnerships both nationally and internationally.
* Any previous experience using various e-commerce platforms would also be advantageous but not essential.
* The ability to think outside the box and solve problems as they happen.
Salary Expectation: Salary to be negotiated based on experience