Property Transfer Manager
Location: Bournemouth / Hybrid
Competitive Salary + Bonus
As the UK’s leading developer and manager of retirement communities, we have more than 40 years experience of providing high-quality homes to exacting specifications. We’ve created over 58,000 age-exclusive retirement properties – apartments, bungalows, coach houses, and cottages – in more than 1,300 developments across the UK.
At McCarthy Stone, we believe that retirement living involves much more than simply deciding to move into a new home that’s better suited to our customers’ needs. It’s also an opportunity for them to embrace a new way of life, to have the freedom to live a lifestyle with more choices and more time to do the things they enjoy.
About the Role
Managing the Property Transfer function of our business, you will drive and support the team, ensuring they excel in delivering the highest standards of customer service to Residents, Stakeholders and Third Parties.
* Responsible for analysing and monitoring performance of the department against targets and service levels.
* Manage the monthly financial process to enable the production of accurate and effective management information.
* To have a working knowledge of McCarthy & Stone leases and deeds of conditions to deal with the processes for and queries in relation to re-sales, subletting and permissions.
* Proving line management for the team, you will coach, develop and motivate the Property Transfer Assistants to support or give direction on more complex re-sales, subletting and permission activities.
* To liaise with homeowners, prospective homeowners and their lawyers and any other internal or external parties/stakeholders.
* Carry out the resales, sub-letting and permissions activities, ensuring all associated tasks are concluded in a timely manner as well as contribute towards the overall workload and objectives of the department.
* To assist with the collation and maintenance of department statistics on a monthly basis.
* To contribute to the continued development, review and improvement of procedures to continually improve the efficiency and best practice of the department.
* Previous experience with leasehold housing models ideally within the retirement sector is required. This could be within the property management, legal services or other associated environments.
* GSCE Maths and English at Grade C or above (or equivalent) and ideally 3 A levels at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
* Previous experience of managing a team would be ideal.
* Strong attention to detail
* Good IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Good communicator, oral and written.
* Ability to manage a substantial workload efficiently and effectively.
* Enthusiasm and embracing of the business and development of the department.
* Knowledge of the Qube Property Management System would be advantageous.
Our purpose at McCarthy Stone is to champion the role, wellbeing and happiness of older people in society. We aim to create a better understanding and appreciation of older people and play our part in helping them to live happy and healthy lives. To support our purpose we require all of our front-line colleagues and those in care and support to be fully vaccinated in line with the government policy on care homes. If you are applying for one of our front-line roles please be prepared to provide evidence of your vaccination status on successful application