My client has an exciting position for a Quality Assurance Lab Technician to join the team in a small Physical laboratory. The role involves testing and reporting on the products being manufactured by my client.
Mainly working in the laboratory, but liaising with production, warehouse, sales and planning in order to deliver results in a timely manner.
* Testing of PU Foam and raw materials, in accordance with prescribed procedures, British Standards, legal, regulatory, customer or other requirements.
* Use of the band saw, Tensile tester and other test equipment.
* Recording of Flammability and quality test results to generate reports.
* Timely reporting of non-conformance/product issues to the Quality and Production Teams.
* Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
* Involved in the improvement of current test methods, including writing and updating of procedures, forms and spreadsheets.
* Approve and sample incoming chemical deliveries.
* Support SID (Development Laboratory) on trials through Lab Testing.
* Organise external testing requirements.
This role would suit a candidate who has done similar QA or testing standard roles in the past. The candidate will be writing reports accurately, so a good level of English and IT skills (including Microsoft Word and Excel) is essential.
The candidate will have a good eye for detail and will be happy to work alone or as part of a team.
Monday -Thursday 0800-16.30 Friday 0800-15.30.