Location: Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH74HG / Aberdeen, AB25 1QX
Salary: £20-32k, DOE, OTE £30 – 44k, year one
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm – some flexibility may be required
Advance Global Recruitment Ltd is a specialist recruitment consultancy, supplying quality, competent personnel to the global energy market.
Founded in March 2011 AGR now supply personnel to over 65 countries world-wide. The Head office is in Edinburgh, with further offices in Aberdeen and Dubai.
AGR’s success has been recognised by winning Entrepreneurs of the year – Wedo Scotland awards and also reaching the finals of the EY entrepreneur of the year awards.
About the Role:
In a recruitment consultant role, you will be tasked to attract candidates using a range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and referrals. You’ll screen candidates, interview them, run background checks and finally match them to our clients. You will build positive relationships to gain a better understanding of your clients’ recruitment needs and requirements.
You also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
As a recruitment consultant, you’re the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
• using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
• visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships with them
• developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment
• advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, such as newspapers, websites and magazines
• using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships
• headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
• using candidate databases to match the right person to the client’s vacancy
• receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
• requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
• briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
• preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants
• organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
• informing candidates about the results of their interviews
• negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
• offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
• working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
• reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
The working day usually covers the core hours of 8am to 5pm but working longer hours is common and may include early starts and evening work.
Essential knowledge and skills:
You will need to show evidence of the following:
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• sales and negotiation skills
• a goal-orientated approach to work
• the ability to handle multiple priorities
• problem-solving ability
• the ability to meet deadlines and targets
• ambition and the determination to succeed
• confidence and self-motivation
• time management and organisational skills
• team-working skills
You must also enjoy working in a high-pressure environment and the responsibility that comes with it.
Benefits to being part of our Team include:
• International travel
• Incentivised offsite days out
• Team building events
• Clear Commission structure
• Clear and managed career path
• Team days out
• Health Care
• Working with market leaders
If you have the relevant skills and experience required for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up to date CV, along with your cover letter, stating why you are a good fit for this vacancy.
Important Information: Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
No Agencies please