A industry leading manufacturing company that work with multiple industries including aerospace, defence, rail, and avionics.
My client is currently looking for an experienced Sales Engineer to become part of our dedicated sales team with responsibility for sales of their products in the aerospace and defence markets.
Applications vary considerably, and often require bespoke designs or standard product adaptations. This requires a good understanding of design and technical demands for a wide range of industries.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a sound mechanical engineering background and flare for problem solving. The ability to develop good working relationships with technical and commercial people is essential. Whilst the position is office based it will involve regular UK and some overseas travel.
· To identify and develop new business opportunities.
· To build and sustain good working relationships with existing and new clients.
· Establish and understand client requirements and specifications through technical/commercial meetings.
· To work closely with engineering, production, and suppliers to provide customers with the most appropriate technical and commercial solutions.
· To prepare technical and commercial proposals and present these to the clients.
· Negotiation of technical and commercial contracts.
· Preparation of monthly sales reports and forecasts.
· Be a qualified electromechanical engineer.
· Be comfortable meeting new people and developing relationships with technical and commercial contacts.
· Be presentable and professional.
The successful candidate will enjoy training and development, an excellent remuneration package including company car and 25 days annual holiday. The company also offers an excellent pension and a private health care scheme