Title: Electrification Services Product Owner
Division: Business Office
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: up to £35.61/hour Ltd (c. £27.43/hour PAYE option)
What to expect:
The Electrification Services Product Owner role is an exciting new opportunity to join a small but fast-growing team that will shape the future of Electric Vehicle charging.
This person will be responsible for one of a number of EV charging products and/or services within the Electrification Services area and will lead the development & delivery of projects in support of the company strategy. The role will involve the identification; planning and co-ordination of specific Electrification Services projects which fall under the remit of the team. This is a highly collaborative role; your project leadership skills will mean you already have the ability to work directly with stakeholders and deliver relevant projects from conception to delivery.
The role will also require in-life management of the services delivered including performance reporting and management of service improvement plans with key stakeholders. The individual will work with external partners, internal and regional teams to ensure the services provided give the highest levels of customer confidence.
In your role:
- Delivery of Electrification Services projects utilising project management techniques to ensure the delivery of planned outcomes to support the achievement of strategic business objectives of the Electrification Services function.
- Lead projects and work streams; from scoping to delivery and including cross-functional engagement and stakeholder management ensuring project delivery to required timescale, quality and cost. Typical projects include;
- Development of public and home EV charging solutions – including global and market specific services
- Definition of retailer EV charging experience and standards – including scenario planning and support ongoing operations
- Vehicle and app connectivity with associated EV charging services
- Work with the operational business and in-market teams to ensure any activities handed over are fully documented and adhered to, where required
- Work with the operational business to develop MVP delivery and ongoing development plans
- Management of required Governance, including milestone reporting, project status reporting, financial reporting and risk and issue management
- Manage stakeholders to ensure projects add value and are aligned to stakeholder expectations
- Engagement with the Electrification Services strategy and teams to ensure all requirements are captured and future technology and developments are embedded
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
What you’ll need:
- Strong commercial and technical awareness of the electric vehicles, EV charging and Electrification Services business and opportunities that exist, with the ability to develop relevant new business models, commercial solutions and business cases
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Good understanding of the vehicle retail business, with the ability to interface with regional network teams
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, the ability to communicate and influence delivery of products and services in a cross-functional team
- Proven track record for partner alignment influencing product and services roadmaps
- Understanding of Agile methodology and application into Product and Service roadmaps
- Ability to recognise & adapt to differing international market forces such as competition, regulation & customer needs in the markets operated in
- Ability to present complex data, analysis & issues to a varied audience in a compelling way, including senior management
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Very strong knowledge of global EV, EV charging and Electrification services market, in particular EV infrastructure, market structure, OEM activity and regulatory backdrop
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong drive to build understanding
- Ability to see patterns, trends and interdependencies, and investigate these
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A resilient and enthusiastic person, who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- Excellent team player, able to interact cross-functionally at different levels within the business
- A driven individual, able to drive strategic projects to completion
- A person with a passion for sustainability and the movement to net zero and a desire to be a driving force in these unique projects
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
Maternity cover contract at present; 9 months.
To apply for this role please send your CV to
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.