Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Cloud
Tier 1 Financial Services Client
Salary £90,000 base (including car) + Bens
I’m currently recruiting on behalf of a multi-awarding winning global banking client who is looking to add a senior level Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join their thriving Digital & Technology division.
A global brand, a market leader, and widely considered the best FS organisation to work for. They hold multiple awards relating to their workplace culture, including, both National and international Workplace awards, Diversity and inclusion, best organisation to support mental health and well-being. They are forward-thinking and value technology, as such the digital and tech team are being substantially resourced throughout 2022 and beyond.
They also take a very autonomous and flexible approach to supporting a fantastic work/life balance.
The Cloud SRE makes a major impact on their cloud services strategy, working with key stakeholders to build state of the art software and cloud infrastructure.
The incumbent we have the responsibility for the following:
- Responsible for designing & implementing the 24×7 availability of the Business Services
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, build, deploy, and maintain critical business applications in a cloud environment.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Design and develop automation workflows, perform unit tests and conduct reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with a focus on frequent production releases.
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Have worked for a large company in an SRE (or similar such as Operational or Production engineering) for a large organisation for a minimum of 2-3 years
- Have worked with AWS solutions such as VPC, EC2 etc
- Possess leadership[ qualities, including mentoring, managing junior IT colleagues
A more detailed job description is available should your application be successful.