We’re hiring for a Sewing Machinist to join a busy department at a well-established manufacturer based in Glossop. This is a full-time on-going contract which is highly likely to lead to a permanent position for the right person, where you will become a key member of that department.
What’s on offer?
* £8.91 per hour
* Monday to Friday
* Day shifts: 7:15am – 3:15pm
* Immediate start
* Free on-site parking
What will you be doing as a Sewing Machinist?
* Drawing threads through needles and adjusting machine functions to meet the requirements of the sewing project
* Maintaining high quality standards and output, including thorough checking of completed work
* Monitoring goods on the machines, highlighting any hazards or defects to management
* Performing general maintenance tasks on sewing machines to ensure their longevity
* Quality inspection and reporting any faults or discrepancies to the Team Leader
* Working in a team environment on a fast pace production line
What do you need?
* You must have a keen eye for detail and good hand eye coordination
* Previous experience in a production / manufacturing environment (minimum of 1 year)
* Excellent work ethic, reliability and punctuality
* The ability to work well in a team environment, contributing wherever you are needed
* Experience working with industrial sewing machines, ideally flatbeds, overlockers and cylinders
This is a global organisation that employees more than 500 people at its largest site in Glossop. Supported by a hands-on senior management team, you will be part of a busy and crucial department, working as part of a hard-working team to meet production demands. If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role then apply now or speak with Carla at KPJ Group for more information.
KPJ Group are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy with more than 40 years of experience delivering staffing solutions. We treat each application with a high degree of care however due to the high volume of applications are sometimes unable to contact all individuals. If you do not hear from us within 5 days of submitting your application, please assume that unfortunately you have not been shortlisted