At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you’re passionate about working with people, you’re able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Branch Manager.
You’ll be working for Ideal Bathrooms in Milton Keynes. Ideal Bathrooms is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and we pride ourselves on doing everything we can to understand our Customers needs in order to deliver solutions to save them time, money and hassle. Our Colleagues are critical to our Customers’ success and you will be working with a team that proactively supports them in every way possible. If you love working with people, you’re a good listener and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then this could be a great opportunity for you to join our team.
Is this role right for me?
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Site Manager who can bring demonstrable team development capability, innovation and continuous improvement practices, and true leadership qualities to our warehouse team at a brand new, purpose-built distribution facility in Milton Keynes. You will have previously been involved in a site start-up project, have brought efficiencies to a 24hour operation, be able to form robust working relationships with key stakeholders, work closely with our Sales and Inventory departments and in particular the site Transport team.
As well as being a people person you will also be experienced in managing warehouse inventory, compliance matters including Environmental and Health and Safety, a MHE fleet and be able to plan and manage both routine and ad hoc maintenance across the site.
We are keen to recruit a self-starter with bags of enthusiasm, who can effectively coach and mentor their direct reports, offer support to our National Operations Manager, is flexible in their approach, and is experienced in leading a team of c. 55 people.
Our Saint Gobain Attitudes are key indicators of the ideal candidate along with the skills and knowledge to run an efficient, fast-paced and customer focussed warehouse operation. If this is you, we would love to hear from you and be able to share more information about this exciting new role.
– You will have exemplary organisational skills and time management
– Experience being responsible for site Health and Safety
– Experienced manager
– Excellent customer service
– Hands On Style
– Computer literate & good numeracy skills
– Warehouse experience with hand-held Scanners or similar
– Great Team Player
– Willing to learn and develop
This role is crucial to the performance of the whole branch network so we are also looking for someone who has strong communication and commercial awareness, promotes an inclusive culture for both colleagues and customers, whilst being able to empower the team to provide great customer service.
What will I be doing?
Our Branch Managers are an important contributor to the teams shared success and an essential part of our Customers positive experience with us. In order to support our customers and deliver a great service you will;
– Lead, coach and support the team to deliver success and promote opportunities for continuous improvement
– Collaborate with the wider network to support Customer requirements and business activities
– Adjust the nature of services delivered according to developments in customer needs and expectations in line with our Values
– Build and develop great relationships with new and existing Customers, understanding their needs and providing proactive advice and solutions so that you can deliver the best experience possible
– Build effective relationships with Suppliers
– Get to know the local market to support plans for sales growth
– Ensure accurate stock levels are maintained, carrying out regular stock counts
– Lead your team to make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work
Are Ideal Bathrooms and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen