Join a team at the heart of the global economy!
We create digital services, data tools and technology for businesses to prosper around the world. Have a look at our video! You’ll get to constantly push boundaries in an environment free of heavy legacy, driven by curiosity, social purpose, diversity of thought, entrepreneurship and the aspiration to offer an incredible experience to all our users.
User Researchers are key figures in our digital product teams. DIT’s success in international trade depends on our understanding of exporters and investors and building services that meet their needs.
As a User Researcher, you will be …
Supporting our teams to develop a deep understanding of the people who use our services – citizens, businesses, or across government. Your findings will enable our product teams to design and deliver better services quickly, with less risk, and at lower cost.
You will be part of an active user research community that is developing the department’s user research capability.
What we’re looking for from you…
You will be an experienced User Researcher who can:
* Plan, design and prepare a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of services
* Carry out user research activities, from recruiting participants and preparing discussion guides, to moderating user testing sessions
* Analyse research data to synthesise clear and actionable findings, and work closely with analytics colleagues to create a rich picture of user behaviour
* Confidently explain user needs to colleagues, and act as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and the organisation at large
* Shape research to facilitate delivery at pace, with a commitment to agile, user centred and continuous iterative development
Find out about our benefits, application process and practical details like our office locations on the things you need to know page. Remember to check out our blog, Digital Trade.
Join us, and you will play an instrumental role in delivering critical work for DITs ambitious agenda. Further enhanced by a generous benefits package and flexible working arrangements, you are sure to excel in our forward-thinking team