Red Snapper Justice are part of a niche recruitment agency, who provide staffing services to the offender management and criminal justice sectors.
We are recruiting on behalf of our Staffordshire based client looking for X3 Children and Young Persons Officer for their criminal justice client. The post holder will be responsible for building a rapport and creating a safe and nurturing environment for children and young people to engage with New Era services.
This role is a full time, 6 – 18 month temporary contract, which may involve working flexible and sometimes unsocial hours, including some evening and weekend work.
The rate of pay is £15.40 PAYE / £20.07 Umbrella
* To listen and provide age appropriate support to CYP who require help with emotional management and developing healthy relationships.
* Create an Individual Support Plan (ISP) with CYP, which identifies their needs, and how these are to be addressed within the 4 weeks intervention.
* To work in ways which are sensitive to and appropriate for the needs of families from a wide range of racial, cultural and religious backgrounds and sensitive to differences in sexual orientation.
* Help CYP and responsible partners in the case to develop safety planning strategies
* in relation to their individual home circumstances, as appropriate to their age and understanding.
* Evaluate risk throughout our intervention and contribute to safeguarding activities and planning throughout the intervention, including at point of discharge.
* Comply with company and agency data protection standards.
* To deliver interventions in a timely and structured manner meeting the demands of the service
* Complete case paperwork daily on all cases to record activities, risks and interventions delivered as part of the support plan
* Developing appropriate professional relationships with stakeholders and referrers in both statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure that casework is appropriate to the child and communication at its best.
* To make contact with and work in partnership with, other agencies, such as schools, Children and Young People’s Services etc. to establish good working relationships for signposting needs.
* Experience of and knowledge of how to provide interventions to children and young people ideally around behavioural change.
* Experience of working in a confidential setting and a multi-agency setting.
* Ability to work effectively with service-users on a one-to-one or group setting to provide practical and psycho-social and/or cognitive skills interventions
* Ability to prioritise and manage complex deadlines
* Effective oral and written communication skills that adapt to the audience (service user, partner organisations, landlords etc.)
* GCSE English and Maths
* Basic ICT skills including the use of Microsoft Office
* Able to evidence a commitment to anti-discriminatory practice.
* Must have a license and access to a vehicle
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please send your CV.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a “Refer A Friend” bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Justice is a member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) – a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer