Our client, a Northern Ireland Organisation, have an exciting new opportunity Part time (20 Hrs) for a Youth Engagement Officer to join their Belfast based team on a fixed term contract until 30th June 2022.
This is a part-time role, covering 20 hours per week (may include some evenings and weekends) and will entail a mix of home and office-based working. The Youth Engagement Officer will be involved in the promoting of youth volunteering and supporting volunteer involving organisations as they involve young people as volunteers in Counties Fermanagh, Tyrone and L’Derry.
You will need:
* A relevant qualification, degree or above, in youth work or two years’ experience delivering youth work in the last 5 years.
* 2 years’ experience of working with young people in a youth work setting.
* Experience of promoting volunteering and delivering support services
* Experience of volunteering
* Experience of supporting and delivering social action programmes
* Ability to demonstrate commitment to our organisational values
* Hold a full driving licence and/or access to a form of transport which will enable the post holder to carry out the duties of the post effectively.
* Undertake activities that ensure the organisation makes a significant contribution to the increase of youth volunteering activity in Northern Ireland.
* Promote and support youth volunteering in particular delivery of a youth recognition programme, social action and other youth work programmes, e.g.TBUC etc.
* Deliver youth work programmes (including residentials) that support young people to deliver youth social action/youth volunteering programmes that meet youth work policy and practice standards.
* Support the organisation to have a youth led voice in all areas of its work.
* Implement annual operational plans for the development and support of volunteering
* Build and support relationships with local partners and networks.
* Raise awareness of existing and support the development of new volunteering opportunities.
* Promote and contribute to the building of volunteering good practice, including the promotion of diversity, among volunteer involving organisations.
* Support increased recognition and value for youth volunteering.
* Contribute to the effective use and development of Be Collective, Volunteer Now databases, website and other media forms such as social networking.
* Contribute to delivery of organisational services e.g. training, health checks, campaigns etc.
* To contribute to health and safety of staff and programme participants.
The Youth Engagement Officer can expect a starting salary of £25,748 per rata or £14852 for 20 hours per week plus travel and sustenance, as well as a good range of benefits.
Further details are available to applicants. To express an interest please send your CV to Patricia in by clicking on the link. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer